Monday, February 24, 2014

lucky leprechaun- La Bella Vernice (warning, pic heavy!)

Just to put this out there.. i have quite the privilege, being able to write this blog. Seeing all the wonderful handmade things that i do.. there are so many talented people out there.. putting their talents to work!!

That said.. I have blogged about this mama's work once before, La Bella Vernice, when i received three of her polishes as a birthday gift. :) 

This glitter is no exception.. I won this in a giveaway. :) 
I am not paid to tell you what I think.. this is my honest opinion (as is every time i write!). 

I have to say.. at first I was a tad worried about this glitter. By seeing it in the bottle, I could tell it was pretty dense, and hoped it wouldn't be TOO dense.. I personally don't like a LOT of glitter on my nails, generally. 
This surprised me. 

It IS a dense glitter.. but i found that, for a couple reason, I enjoy it! 
1. It ads a gemstone-like "bling" to your manicure.. i love gemstones. :) 
2. It's thick enough to wear; it's not a "drippy" polish. I hate when the glitters don't stay on the brush long enough to make it to your nail! They drop off back into the bottle.. annoying. Not these!






3. It's not so dense that you can't see the undies.. i picked 3 complimenting colors to try this over, and even with the green under it, you can still SEE the green.. it helps create a great depth!
The undies I chose
4. It didn't overwhelm me.. and lot of times, if glitter is TOO "glittery", I won't want to wear it (i have 2 Sally Hansen Gem Crush polishes.. that i really only wear like once a year.. because they're just.. too much). And this gave me that same "gem" look, without going crazy. 

I love that there are different sizes to the glitters.. the large hex's were fun to fish out and place where I wanted them. :) A couple of them surprised me, 'cause they were hiding in the middle of the small ones!

Outdoor Lighting
Outdoor Lighting
The glitter.. isn't ONLY GREEN! As you can see from the photos, they actually exude different elements of the rainbow! So just like it's name "Lucky Leprechaun", it shows a bit of the rainbow! SO FUN! I love that there are actually small yellow hex's throughout.. it really gives it more dimension. 




I doubled up the glitter on my pinkies just to ad some more pizzazz.. and i still love it!
hmm.. putting it over red for a fun Christmasy delight.. i like that idea too! or over yellows and oranges for a springy/summery feel! SEE.. so many possibilities!
Check out her work on Facebook and also see her website for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment