Thursday, March 21, 2013

Indie Polish- Ruby White Tips #1

I was on the lookout for some more Independent polish makers, so I could shed some light on this amazing homemade product.. and Ruby White Tips was referred to me.
She definitely let me "shed some light" on it!

I purchased a mystery box.. and she sent me 3 beautiful colors AND threw in a pendant, so I could make my own polish jewelry! HOW COOL! (that will be in the 3rd review post).
Since these polishes are all so gorgeous, I've decided to give each polish a review of it's own!

First off.. I fell in love with this beautiful light blue, almost periwinkle shade, glitter polish.
Now, what I DIDN'T know about this polish came as a fun surprise! It's a holo! Holo meaning holographic.. there are special micro-glitters added to it that cause an amazing rainbow effect.. ESPECIALLY when the sun hits it.







This polish is nice a creamy.. not thick, not runny, just the right consistency.. I didn't even have to do any cleanup with it. It stayed right on the nail, and the tiny bit that I accidentally got on my skin just wiped right off while wet.
It almost has a gradient effect.. which might be because of the holo, or just because of they way I applied it. Now, you could honestly just leave this at 1 coat.. it's a beautiful "not quite sheer" color, which could also be used ALMOST as a top coat! But I ended up with 2 coats on, and I think that's the perfect coverage for this! You could ad one more for full opacity, if you prefer.

The glitter is very dense, but it's so tiny it's a VERY easy application, and not gritty at all, though without top coat, it looks like it gives the nail some texture!

Now the way I figured out it was a holo.. I was taking some pics in the sun, and i kept seeing these little rainbows jumping out at me.. I was like "what the heck? did i accidentally leave on some of my other polish?" Taking a closer look, there were little rainbows all over in it! OMGOSH it's a holo!
{ACTION! Grab camera, take a million pics (literally 137) and start giggling} Yes, I know, totally nerdy of me.. but it's my first holo, and it made me all giddy.. living up to it's name "TWENTYONE".. made me feel super young again. :)

If I were you, I would head over to www.rubywhitetips.com or ever her Facebook page, and see if you can grab one of these!

3 comments:

  1. very pretty!!! will definitely have to put ths on the "to try" list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUCH a pretty blue! It'd be so pretty over a purple or darker blue to make it lighter, too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete